Thursday, June 26, 2008

Was the jury asleep or just stupid?

Well, the long awaited trial of the guy who took the lives of my niece and a friend of hers, as well as severely injuring another friend finally began on Monday. The charges were two counts of deadly manslaughter and one of bodily injury. K, the young girl who survived testified, though sadly, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, she doesn't remember much of what happened. The defense admitted he had had a beer that night. (He supposedly had been sitting under the San Jacinto bridge drinking). Hello! He was 17 at the time! Not to mention that after the wreck he'd been caught drinking after the bond agreement said he wasn't suppose to.
Anyway, either the jury was half asleep or thought it was ok for a kid of 17 to drive drunk and kill two young women and injure another because the jury came back with a NOT GUILTY verdict! I just can't believe it! And the kid never even batted an eye. No remorse or apology for killing and maiming three people.

All I can say is be careful driving out there, especially on Texas 242 as the little scumbag will probably be out there driving while drunk looking for another innocent person to kill. (I'm not putting his name out there as hopefully my sister and the other families will be appealing the verdict. And if it goes into appeal, I don't want him to walk out again.)

No comments: