Sunday, August 17, 2008

This and that...

Well, got an e-mail from my nephew's DW - she's scheduled for a c-section on Wednesday! "Little" baby James is huge! At 37 weeks his foot is measuring 3 inches! Yikes! I'm glad he's being born then and not this past Friday. Although having a great-nephew born on the Feast of the Assumption would have been nice, though I'm sure his very Baptist parents wouldn't. The 14th was the 50th anniversary of my grandparents death. My mom's parent's plane crashed into the Atlantic off the coast of Ireland (Galway). Lost were my grandparents, a great-aunt and a second cousin and 95 others. I hadn't really thought about it being on the eve of the FoA, but it's rather comforting to think that. I was in Waco last weekend and my mom was going through all the newpaper articles on the crash. She also had some postcards they has sent. They had even been to Mass in Rome - pretty cool! It was rather sad to read my grandma saying how they were looking forward to seeing them (my family) in the fall. I imagine they were planning on coming to Waco for when I was born. Sadly, they never got the chance. I remember going with my parents to Ireland in 1975 and we went to the wee church where the victims were buried. It's a nice Catholic church that overlooks the bay. Very scenic.

Well, tomorrow we start another class. Ethics. Hmmmm. Hope it's not too bad. I'll be half way through with my AuD program at the end. Finally, the dim light at the end of the tunnel! I also signed up for being on the team for RCIA. And I was crazy enough to tell Janice, Elf #1 that I'd do Secret Santa this year. Hopefully I can bribe, er convince someone responsible to be an assistant. Till the next post.......*G*

No comments: